Friday, September 28, 2012

Forget Me Not Friday


*I have gone over to the school to eat lunch with Braden a few times already this year.  We are a sack lunch kind of family and he has been dying to eat school lunch on Friday’s because they serve pizza.  So I said okay, just this once!  This was one of the days I ate with him.  I was disgusted.  The pizza was nothing short of a piece of cardboard with nothing on it.  The vegetables looked they had been recycled and they serve the salads with a spork.  Have you ever tried to eat a salad with a spork?  Ridiculous!!
*Sydney gets her braces off next week.  I think I am more excited than she is!
*We had a pretty wild scare at Morgan’s school this past week.  A boy was overheard by another student talking about committing suicide.  This brave student reported it to an adult.  They called first boy into the counseling office where more details were revealed.  He told the counselor that he and another boy had been talking about shooting up the school and then killing themselves.  These are 6th graders.  Morgan has classes with both of these boys.  It is terrifying to me that our kids aren’t even safe at school anymore these days.  This all happened on a Wednesday, and parents were not notified until Friday.  Come Monday morning, I was a little unsure about sending Morgan to school.  I drove her that day and had a personal visit with the principal that morning.  I was very impressed with how she took the time to go over my concerns.  I believe that things were handled the best they could be and was assured that those boys will not be returning to our school.  I’m pretty sure Morgan will not be going to school on the alleged planned shooting day.
*Back at the beginning of school, Braden came home pretty upset that he had to sell his bed sheets to raise money for the school.  I had him try to tell me a few times to see if I could make out what was really going on.  Nope, same story…he had to sell his bed sheets.  I just kind of blew it off.  Well, the following week a note came home giving the ‘real’ details of how they were raising money for the school…selling bed sheets.  I have never heard of such a thing!  They were actually really reasonably priced and they were 1500 thread count.  Jon and I were in desperate need of new bed sheets, so I ordered two.  They came home with Braden yesterday and I will have to say, they are extremely soft and smooth!  I am very excited to lay my head down on them!
*We were watching Mormon Messages this week.  I had all the kids gathered around with me.  We had just finished watching one that sang and talked about being a Child of God.  Those that are familiar with that song know that there is a phrase that says how kind and dear parents are.  Well, Braden informed me that I WAS NOT kind and dear.  Oh, the honesty of a child!
*The kids have a tendency to stick their face right in front of the microwave when something is cooking.  I gave them the whole spill of how standing that close will give you cancer.  Braden asked what cancer was.  I tried to explain how there are different kinds of cancer and how each one is caused by different things.  He pondered that information for a minute and then says, “So can I get cup cancer from the microwave?”
*My sister and brother are headed down for a Balloon Fiesta visit next week.  I am very excited about that!  Then I get to head back up with them for a girls’ weekend with my mom and sister’s.  We are going to Time Out for Women in Cache Valley.  I am looking forward to some great laughs and memories that will be made that weekend!
*Well, I’m proud to say that my dog is 99% potty trained and my almost three year old is so not potty trained after a valiant effort for over six months.  I don’t know what else to do.  She refuses to take herself to the potty and she would rather just pee her pants than go by herself.  I am not always free to take her when she needs to go.  A story to go along with this happened just this week.  While I was meeting with the principal, J was on my lap busy coloring and without any warning at all, I felt an enormous amount of warmth cover my lap and inner legs and then it continued on to my back side as we were sitting down.  Which also meant it made its way to the seat we were sitting on.  I politely said that I needed to go and had to walk out of the school in front of many students and the security guards looking like a grown women that had peed herself.  Oh the joys of parenting I tell ya!

1 comment:

Jen Kesler said...

I'm laughing outloud at the pee story! Not funny when you're the one getting peed on though!!!