Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tent Rocks


On Labor Day, we headed out on a day hike with the Hawthorne's up to Tent Rocks.  The first attempt we made to do this a few years back, we had two screaming children and never made it to the top.  We were hoping for better results this time around!  This summer I had picked up some water packs for each member of the family.  The kids thought it was super cool to have their own water.  The best for me, they had to carry it as well!



J was beyond happy to have her own little backpack.  The only problem with unlimited access to water for her was that she had to pee every 20 minutes.


 Jon was so patient with the pace that J set for our hike...slow and steady!







 Taking a break ...






Sometimes I can't believe that this little herd belongs to me and how blessed I am.

This was Braden's find on the hike.  He was pretty upset he didn't bring his net with him to capture this big critter.  I on the other hand was glad to view him from a distance!







By the end of our journey, somehow Sydney had ended up with everyone's hat.




Because this is how great of a dad he is... it was blazing hot out and he still let the kids ride on his shoulders.



No comments: