Today was a very special day. Jon and I had the opportunity to attend the temple with Morgan as she participated in her first session of baptisms with the youth in our ward. I remember when she was a sunbeam and she learned the song, "I Love to see the Temple." That time seemed so far away, and yet here it is. It is a reminder of how short our time with these precious children is. The power of Satan is very real. I felt like Jon and I were very short with each other today, Morgan had placed her recommend out so it would be ready for tonight. Thirty minutes before it was time to go, Morgan cannot find her recommend, the kids are fighting and Jon and I are becoming very short with everyone. My heart began to ache as I did not want Morgan's first experience to go this way. After tearing the house apart, we could not find her recommend. I had sent Jon to the kitchen to call the bishop to see if he had time to issue her a new one before we left for the temple. I decided to make one more pass through Morgan's room, I found it under all the blankets on Sydney's bed. A prayer was answered! After arriving to the temple and getting seated in the chapel, a member of the presidency shared a story that took place at the Logan temple in the 1800's. One day at the temple, the temple president noticed a very large group of people waiting outside the temple. He began to be concerned that they could not accommodate that many people inside the temple. When he went outside, he searched out who he thought might be the leader of that group. He learned that it was Satan and his followers. Satan told the temple president to shut down the temple. The temple president made it very clear that is was the Lord's house and his work being done inside. The temple president then commanded Satan and his followers to depart. Satan made it very clear that if they did not shut down the temple, his followers would spread themselves throughout the valley and people would stop coming to the temple. For a period of ten years, temple attendance was very low; low enough that they almost had to shut the temple down. It was a testimony builder to me that Satan is very powerful, but if we can have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ, we will find peace and happiness and the Savior will always prevail. Jon and I both felt like he was telling that story directly to us. I know that Satan does not want us at the temple and he works very hard to to create chaos like he did tonight. In the end, we won the battle and had a great experience in the temple with Morgan. Jon was able to perform the baptism and the confirmation. What a neat experience to go to the temple with your children. I pray that Morgan will strive to be worthy and desire to attend the temple often. I love that our youth go once a month. Morgan, always remember that you are a daughter of your Heavenly Father and He loves you!




2 comments:
I'm so proud of you Morgan and Jon and Heidi,....I want to see a blog like this for everyone of my grandkids!!! Ya for temples...thank you Heavenly Father for those opportunities. Take Morgan once a week.....do it!
The temple is AWESOME and I'm glad you were able to experience it with your sweet Morgan!
P.S. I LOVE the "surprise" photos of her too...priceless!!!
Post a Comment