Thursday, July 25, 2013

Trip to Utah

The kids and I spent three weeks in Utah this summer.  Most of which we spent at Seven Peaks.  We did get to go to the temple a few times.  I did a session with my mom and sister Michelle.  Then one day my mom, me, Morgan, and my sisters Emily and Cozy all did baptisms.  That was such a great experience.  It's awesome and crazy to think that I have a child old enough to go to the temple. 




Braden fulfilled his dreams of catching innumerable amounts of snails at grandma's house.  The kids even had snail races on the skateboard.  




We ventured to a splash pad one day and first thing, sweet Livie turned and hit her head on a metal railing and it split her head open.  No worries, a little superglue and she was good to go!



Don't mess with the Sydney!






The neighbor kids found a snake and that kept the kids entertained for hours.  Then they decided to let it go in grandma's forest....



Grandma took the girls for a spa day one afternoon.  They had their nails done and then went to the dollar store and bought some colorful hair clips.  Braxton and Jay had a ball hamming it up together!



The day that Jon flew in, we stopped by to see my grandmother.  



The day after Jon arrived, I had planned a hike to the 'G'.  I'm sure he wasn't thrilled since he had just finished a 12 day, 70 mile camping trip.  He never complained once.  He's good like that!


I wanted to recreate a shot that our family had done when I was a kid. 


It started out good, monster faces...


Everyone with their eyes closed...



and then things went sour...this is the reality of how family pictures usually go.  I loose my patience and start getting mad, then Jon gets mad and then everyone is crying.  I think other mom's can relate to how this happens...


Then, we all laughed at how silly being mad was....


Seriously...I think he is incredibly handsome and I love him to pieces!!  He is my rock, my best friend and my other half!




A view of the Mount Timpanogos Temple from up on the 'G'.


I got to go and watch my little nephew play baseball in his tournament.  I love his expression here...






I'm not sure who gave the kiddos Cheetos's, but hey if it keeps them happy, right?



Sweet baby Maicee. Her blues eyes are stunning!

No comments: