Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No matter how you look at it...

33 is 33. No switching numbers to make me younger this year! I have had a really nice day. Went to lunch with a couple of friends, received many phone calls and emails, had several friends from the ward bring me something special, got a nice thermal tote from my Mother-in-law, even had someone do a special post on their blog just for me! And for six of the last seven birthdays, Jon's gift to me is being gone on business. He gets off so easy!
Heavenly Father puts people in your life at just the right time. When we first moved here, I was assigned to visit teach a sister that became a dear friend of mine. Over the course of few years that assignment changed, but Heavenly Father had a plan. He intertwined our lives knowing that down the road we would have similiar trials. Our children share the same auto immune disorder...Celiac Disease. This has been a huge trial for me as well as a challenge in the kitchen. She has been a huge support to me. Anyone who has cooked GF, can understand the frustration. Having someone to share those frustrations with has been a blessing for me. Bless her heart, she spent alot of time in the kitchen today baking and decorating a Gluten Free cake that my entire family could enjoy. She did an amazing job! Thank you so much.
One of the things I have learned in my 33 years, is that the only thing constant in this journey called life, is change. I don't deal well with change, but change has made me a better and stronger person.

1 comment:

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Happy Birthday Heidi!! Jon better make it up to you when he gets back in town! I hope you had an awesome day! Wow, that cake looks delicious.