Monday, June 22, 2009

Back from paradise and back to reality!

The night before we were leaving, Braden came down with a full blown ear infection (which was so odd because he had not even been sick or shown any symptom's of getting sick) and Morgan's wire came off of her braces. All of this at 9 pm on a Saturday night when all doctor offices are closed. Thanks to a great friend and doctor we know, he helped us out with Braden and we tried the best we could to fix Morgan's wire to hold her over until Monday morning. By the time we got all that taken care of it was past midnight. We needed to be at the airport by four-thirty to catch our flight out. So we started our vacation on less than three hours of sleep. Then when our plane landed in San Fransisco, we arrived to find that our next plane had been delayed for four hours! What do you do for four hours in an airport. You find a bench and take a nap! Once we arrived in Kauai, things went better. Jon worked the first three days, which left me with ALOT of alone time. I drove myself around the island and did some sight seeing. (Jon and I went to Kauai ten years ago with my job, so alot of things and places were already familiar). We did not spend any time in the ocean, but a fair amount of time just sitting on the beach and relaxing to the sound of the ocean waves roll up onto the shore. It was rather windy so the surf and tides were really high. One thing I found interesting is that there are more wild chickens, roosters and cats that rome the island than there are people. It was a much needed vacation. Thanks to my mom, grandma and Uncle Eric for making it possible for me to go with Jon. They did a great job taking care of and entertaining the kids while we were gone. For the sake of boring everyone with too many pictures, I have only posted a few of Jon and I here, but you can go to Sunflowers Photo Bucket to view some of my favorites from our trip.







4 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

Hooray!! I'm glad you guys had a good time...now you need to go with Jon ALL the time!

Hans and Laurel said...

I'm so glad that you guys got to go together. I love the pictures on here and I can't wait to check out your other ones.

Sorry I missed you this morning. I was in the shower and left facebook on.

~Laurel

shelley said...

Heidi! How exciting! I didn't know you guys were doing that! That's awesome. It looks like a great time. Ahhh...

Dave and Holly said...

I'm glad everything worked out and you were able to have a fun trip. What great pictures...thanks for sharing!