They had made the long drive from Utah to be there for Jay's first birthday and then stay and have Thanksgiving with us. My Mom, Dad, Cozy, Braxton, Emily, Eric and even my 93 year old Grandma had made the day journey to be here. It really meant a lot since none of my family has ever been to one of my children's 1st birthday. I felt bad because we had already sang and cut the cake (which was not very big), so most of them didn't even get a piece of cake. With all the chaos of everyone coming and me in panic mode with the condition of the house and wondering how I can pull it all together to accommodate seven extra people, Jay got left in her chair to enjoy her cake by herself. It took her over an hour to to make a dent in her small slice of cake. She is VERY cautious and slow at everything she does! Slow and steady wins the race, right?
Jaycee was showered with fun gifts from family. We gave her an activity table to help build her leg muscles.
Aunt Cozy gave her some darling new clothes. Aunt Michelle made her the cute little monkey hat. Aunt Kira sent her the warm and cozy Mickey pj's and a fun little mailbox toy. Her Nana sent her her very first baby doll that giggles and a talking toy purse. I'm not sure who enjoyed them more, Jaycee or Braden!! Grandma and Grandpa's gift was being there to celebrate with her.
1st Birthday Stats.....
18 pounds 11 ounces
28 inches tall
Waves hello and goodbye
Loves Kix cereal, yogurt, applesauce, banana's, pancakes and waffles, mashed potatoes and most veggies.
If prompted, can sigh eat/food, more and milk
Took your first four consecutive crawling motions
Pulled yourself up on your knees to play at your table




2 comments:
Can she get any cuter? I love all the videos! Once again, I am SO happy we got to celebrate her special day with her! If only we were 20 minutes earlier!!
I love that you told Jon he had to be home by 3 so you could have great light...such a photographer!!!
Post a Comment