It was nine years ago today that the moving truck pulled up and packed up our humble little apartment and we said goodbye to our friends and family to start on a new adventure as a family of three. The move came with lots of uncertainty and unknowns, but we have been blessed with great friends that have been like family, a beautiful home, a great neighborhood and have added three more to our family. I remember driving across the border to NM and seeing the sign that read, "Welcome to the Land of Enchantment" and thinking to myself, "There is nothing enchanting about dry desert, nothing green and lots of tumble weeds." My perspective has changed a little bit. I love the weather here, minus the spring winds. We have the most beautiful sunsets and blue skies and as a family we really love the balloon fiesta in the fall. I still have to pinch myself because it was just yesterday that we started on this adventure and I cannot fathom that we have been here for nine years today. I guess time flies when you are having fun!!


6 comments:
I am glad to have been able to know you! You guys sure are one awesome family. :)
That is crazy. It sure doesn't feel like it has been 9 years! But looking at the picture of you three - Morgan was sure little then.
WOW, I remember thinking I would never know my grand daughter. I was so lucky to be apart of most of their births...that followed. I also love those sunsets and warm heat and running paths.
Look how little Morgan was and she was your one and only! Things sure have changed.
Pretty soon I'll be looking at a moving truck that will pick up our humble belongings and I too will leave my friends and family for the unknown. I hope in nine years I can say the very same things about our new home.
Thanks or sharing this post. It gave me some much needed hope.
Time flies! I'm so glad you moved here!!
I miss you everyday, but love that I have somewhere different to visit!
Post a Comment