Morgan has read almost every Chicken Soup for the Soul books over the past few months. She was inspired by one of the stories about helping foster care kids and decided that she wanted to do something. She wrote up a proposal, submitted it to the principal of her school and made arrangements with CYFD to deliver all the donations at the end of her project. We made this collection box to put in the lobby of the school (it was a dryer box...very huge box), and everyday this box was full and I would have to take the car over to the school to get everything home. I cannot believe how generous the kids were! Morgan had asked for gently used books, stuffed animals, blankets of all sizes and backpacks.
She collected three boxes full of books...
Seven LARGE plastic bags full of stuffed animals, 25 backpacks, 1 suit case, 5 duffle bags and
20 blankets.
I am so proud of you Morgan!



2 comments:
Way to go Morgan!!
Awesome! Good job Heidi for helping her see that thorugh.
Post a Comment