Friday, November 18, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*My amazing mom had a birthday this week.  I wish I could have been closer to give her a big fat hug!
I hope you had a great day mom.
*Last Sunday Jon and I were in the bedroom doing a few last minute things to get ready for church when I hear Jon say, “Big Bootie, oh ya!”  I turned to him and said, “Are you kidding me?  Did you just say that to me?”  He had a puzzled look on his face like he didn’t quite understand why I was upset….then he got it!  Apparently he had learned this new camp song that weekend and it was going through his head which he then decided to verbalize the moment I walked past him.  Very poor timing on his part, but he meant no harm!  Jon has a way of doing things like that more often than not!
*We had a very unexpected surprise visit from Papa this weekend.  It was a very short visit, but we definitely enjoyed his company.  His sister Jeanne came with him.  They had been to Arizona for a funeral for their step brother.
*Am I the only mother that wakes up every morning to pure rudeness, chaos, fighting and anything else unhappy?  My kids start form the moment their feet hit the floor until the moment they are gone to school.  I hate that most mornings my girls leave in tears because everyone has already had a meltdown.
I wake them up at 6:45 am which gives them one hour to get dressed, make their bed, do their one job and eat breakfast and be out the door.  Most mornings I’m still nagging for them to get up at 7:15.  Today I gave one wakeup call and instead of nagging them to hurry like always, I let them be in charge of how they spent their time.  The girls decided it was more fun to run around and be silly and slam doors than to get ready for school.  Then when 7:45 comes and they are so not ready to leave, Morgan pulls out her ‘It is anyone else’s fault but my own’ card and starts yelling at everyone that she is going to be late.  I bet they were late today, very later today.  My kids have never had a tardy and lateness stresses Morgan out.  I am hoping that after today I won’t have to nag them to get up and be responsible anymore.  I can dream, right?
*On Tuesday, I was on the phone with my mom for about ten minutes.  When I got off, the house was completely quiet…not good.  When I found Braden, he was running from the bathroom with a butcher knife in hand and blood dripping from his finger.  I asked him what on earth he was doing.  “I am cutting out my apple seeds so I can wash them and then plant them out back so I can grow an apple tree.”  “Braden, please don’t ever do that again!” I said.  Then when I found Jaycee, she had found Sydney’s purse FULL of dollar store lipsticks and had opened and generously used most of them all over her face, hands and clothes.  All I wanted was ten minutes to myself, is that asking to much?  I guess so!
*I am in love with Jaycee’s morning hugs and kisses she so freely gives me.  It is a good thing too considering all the mischief she can get into these days.  She has figured out how to use a chair/stool to get ANYTHING she needs!  She can also open any door in the house.  I am in serious trouble! 
*Jon has been taking a wood turning class this whole week, everyday for eight hours.  It has been a great opportunity for him to learn how to use his lathe he bought several months ago.  I am excited to see some of his amazing talent that he will be busting out in the near future!
*Jon also finished his MAJOR project at work that has been sucking the life from him and all of his family time.  I am hoping we will get to see more of him now.

No comments: