Thursday, December 11, 2008

Decorating the Christmas tree

I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. It feels like last week that we were taking Christmas down and putting it in storage. The process of decorating the house for Christmas brings out an enormous amount of energy from the kids. I have to take a huge dose of patience before we start this process! I have a feeling that when this holiday season is over, we will be finding a little bit of Christmas all year long next year. Braden has this unique ability to hide things were only he can find them. I often find him hiding behind the tree secretly undecorating it and who knows what he has stashed away for a later day!Every year I challenge myself to create a new holiday decoration and/or gift that is homemade. ( I will have to post pictures of this years projects later since some of them are gifts and I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!) More than half of all our decorations are things I have made throughout the years. There is no greater satisfaction then making something yourself and then enjoying it year after year. It also brings back fun memories of that particular time of our lives. As the girls have gotten older, we have added their homemade crafts to the tree.


No comments: