Saturday, March 7, 2009

Class Projects

The girls both have projects due this next week. Sydney's assignment was to build a leperchaun trap for St. Patrick's day. I found this idea on familyfun.com. Leperchaun's like to break the rules, so we put a sign out that says "Do not climb the ladder." So of course he will climb up the ladder to get the gold. What he doesn't know is that there is a big hole cut in the lid and when he steps on top to snatch the gold, he will fall into our little trap!

Morgan has been doing a research paper on a famous American of her choice. She chose the Wright Brothers. As part of her assignment, she had to make a paper doll that looked like her person. They had to be dressed like they did back in their day. As we all know, the Wright Brothers were the first to fly an airplane, but before they did that, they opened their own bicycle shop where they sold bicycles they had made. We had a great day crafting in the kitchen today. It was definitely a family effort. I sure hope that Jon and I...ooops, I mean the girls get a good grade on them!

5 comments:

Nyra said...

I'm so impressed!! they both are really cute, I give you and Jon an A+

~Michelle~ said...

I couldn't agree with mom, more. You and Jon definitely deserve an A+.
You always do such cute stuff!

nana.amc said...

Wonderful jobs on the class projects. Syndney, how many leprechauns do you think you could catch? Wilbur and Orville look amazing.

Field Family said...

Isn't it crazy how many projects the kids have to do. I don't remember there being this many when we were little. You, I mean your kids, did great. Way to go.

Laura said...

I think it is funny when we as parents have way more fun than the kids with the projects. When they get older they want to do what they want and that means they don't want my ideas and it isn't as fun for me. Oh well. Your projects looked like you had fun