Can I just say how much easier life is when you have a plan...a dinner plan that is. This was something I was successful at in the past, but when the girls were diagnosed with Celiac Disease, it really made me hate food. I hated thinking about it, buying it and more so, cooking it. I find that I can get stuck in the mind set of 'we are so limited on what we can eat'. There have been soooo many days when five o'clock rolls around and I still have no idea what I will be serving my family for dinner. I also found that I was constantly running to the store to buy food for meals. Can we say, "expensive!" Something had to change. I had to change. So at the end of the year, I sat down and planned out the whole month of January. Then I made out my shopping list. Such a great feeling!! As we are more than halfway through the month, I can tell you that I have much less anxiety about dinner. Each day I can get up, know what dinner is, get it in the crockpot or ready to be put in the oven later and move on with my day. It has also made it so I can focus on the afterschool needs of the kids. I hope to have as much success next month and the months after that!
5 comments:
I did that for the month of December, and it was FABULOUS!! It certainly takes some work, but much less effort than planning every single day. I even planned it out so that I had a week's worth of freezer meals to start the year off with. Definitely need to do that again!
Great job! Can you just copy that list for me? I
I am there with you. Something as little as having a plan makes a huge difference. Good for you, keep it up and have less stress.
That is funny...that is one of my new year resolutions. I used to be a fabulous meal planner and shopper, but the last year or so I have failed miserably. So, I am also back on the wagon. I used to only do a couple of weeks, but I think I am going to try a month at a time. Good Luck!
P.S. Next time you are up our way you need to check out a new bake shop in Kaysville. They only sell gluten free products. Here is there website...
www.sweetcakebakeshop.com
I agree with you. Having a plan means having success! It's just sitting down and MAKING the plan that is annoying. Good for you!
Post a Comment