Friday, March 11, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*Jaycee can verbally say momma! (rather than signing it)
*A very thoughtful thing that the girls do for Braden is they are allowed to check out two books at the library and they always bring one book home just for him. He LOVES it!!
*We made the trip to Utah this week. Once again, prayers were answered! 570 miles, 2 gas and potty stops, 11 hours of listening to Taylor Swift, lots of finding the letters of the alphabet game, dry roads and beautiful blue skies. We did it without watching any movies too! Morgan and Sydney were great helpers with Braden and Jaycee. Sydney had horrible gas; I think that is what kept me awake!! The reason I share that info is because we passed over a skunk that was dead, but his terrible odor came through the vents and I hear Braden yell out, “OOOOHHHH, was that Sydney?”
*About ten minutes from my mom’s house, some kind of bird the size of a large quail ran out in front of me and I hit it, and let me just tell you, that is not a pretty sight in the rear view mirror. I felt horrible about it. I felt like I had just killed someone’s mother of father. Some little birdies are probably still waiting for their dinner….and it is not coming.
*I will be so glad to be reunited with Jon next weekend after three weeks of being apart!

Here are a few of the things we stopped to see on our way up...
Monticello, Utah Temple


This is right outside of  Moab, Utah.  I think these rock formations are amazing.  It is a desert out here, but yet you can still see the mountains covered in snow.


The lower half of Spanish Fork Canyon was lined with deer looking for food.
The kids were really excited to see some wildlife!

2 comments:

The Three Vree's said...

So glad you made it safe!! Thanks for coming up! We all love you!

Sarah said...

I love reading your forget me not Fridays. What a super cute idea. I am very happy you will get to be with Jon again. 3 weeks is forever. We have only done that once and I never want to do it again :).