Friday, March 25, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*First and foremost...4 years ago today I gave birth to the most handsome little man ever!!  I love him more than words can say!  I will write more about his special day tomorrow so I can share all the fun things we did and post some birthday pictures.
*Between Jon being gone for business and me and the kids going to Utah and then Jon being gone again for work, we have hardly seen each other this month...I'm not a huge fan of this schedule!
*Very proud of myself for making the trip to Utah and back all by myself.  I seriously can't put into words how well the kids did.  The best part is they did not veg in front of a movie at all.  
*My baby sister celebrated her 18th birthday while we were in Utah.  Cozy threw an awesome bowling party (Reese gets a ton of credit for entertaining all the kids!)
*Braden has a tendency to always be itching his privates.  So I am always asking him, "Do you need to go potty bro?"  His reply, "No, mom, my penis just kickles me."
*Jaycee has made huge efforts in using her push walker to walk around the house.  I have tried really hard to make a big deal about it so she will think it is SOOO fun to walk!!

*I will end today's thoughts with some pictures from all the great things that happened over the past two weeks.  I am extremely happy to say that for the first ever in my life, I left my family feeling very happy and glad that I had made the trip to be with them.  For those of you who know me and my family history, this is a really big deal!!I would give anything to have had these feelings many, many years ago but we can't change the past, only move forward and make a new beginning.  So far, I am really happy with our new beginning!  I look at these pictures and can almost feel the true happiness that we all felt.  Thanks to all my family for making changes to be better people.

Emily's Awesome birthday party at Fat Cat's Bowling Alley



I have the neatest Uncle.  Uncle Dean has one of the busiest schedules I know, but always makes time for his family.  He took all of the kiddos on a short horse back ride.  I loved seeing the smiles on their faces and the sound of innocent laughter as they paraded around the horse pasture.


Then it was off to the park to feed the ducks and just let the kids run around and be kids.



Every time I go home for a visit, I always get new pictures of Grandma Benson with each of my kids.  I have this fear of  'this time might be the last time' we get to see grandma.  I want them to remember her and what an amazing person she is.


Lastly, I want my mom to know how incredibly proud I am of her.  Her life has not been easy but she has never given up or lost the faith.  She was able to go to the temple and receive her own endowments.  The reason I have added a picture of the flower is because it had just bloomed and is the sign of spring or new life.  I felt that was very appropriate for the occasion.  It is the start of a new life for her as well as a few other family members.  I love you mom and dad.


4 comments:

The Three Vree's said...

What a GREAT trip up to Utah this time! So glad I got to spend 10 days with you and your beautiful family!

The Three Vree's said...

Oh... and.... GORGEOUS Temple pictures!!
And all other pictures too

TQ said...

I have a feeling Braden might not appreciate these "Forget me not Fridays" when he is older since they seem to be providing ample content to tease him with...and to share with future girlfriends.

I on the other hand appreciate them quite a bit. There is always something to make me laugh, and it's good to hear what your family is up to. I wish we all lived closer and could visit more often. It would be nice to be an aunt in more than just title.

Jen Kesler said...

So, long story, but I forced myself to do a "long" blog and FB cleanse...okay, a week long cleanse, but I just caught up on your blog. Good stuff, woman!!