Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Little Man Turns Four

Braden celebrated his 4th birthday on Friday March 25th.  How can he be 4?  If I had to pick one thing that I love about him, it would be how he is always smiling with his eyes.  He is such a happy kiddo (except for when I want to take his picture)!  Jon even took the day off  so him and Braden could hang out and that is exactly what they did.  They ate breakfast together, played the Wii, went to Dion's for some pizza and took a snuggle together.  When sisters got home from school, we opened presents, sang Happy Birthday and went over to the park to fly Braden's new Buzz Light Year kite.  Then we got cleaned up really fast and went to Red Robin's for birthday dinner.  When we got home, everyone put their pj's on and had a movie night while eating birthday cake.  At that point, Braden started complaining that his head hurt.  He ended up with a fever on his birthday, poor guy.


Present Opening...


The Goods...A big Lightning McQueen car and a swimsuit from his Grandma Ward and Nana Christensen sent him a Batmobile car disguised in a Ziploc box!  Mom and dad gave him some little cars, a Buzz Light Year kite and some new shorts. His sweet sisters wrote him a card with a sucker taped inside.
Morgans card said, "Bro-bro, you are my favorite brother.  Roses are red, violets are blue, suckers are sweet and so are you."  Sydney's card said, "Roses are red, violets are blue, it's your birthday and you know it too.  Here is your candy and you deserve it too.  You are turning 4 and you deserve more."  I love home made gifts, they are the best!!


A little family love...minus Jaycee, she was napping.


Singing Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles...


Taking Buzz Light Year for a test flight...


Birthday dinner at Red Robin's....Yummm!


A close up of Braden's birthday cake....it was a pizza cake.



7 comments:

JMP said...

He is so cute. It is a little freaky :) freaky in a good way :) to see how much of a little John he is. I LOVE the cake! How did you do it? I wanna' steal the idea!

Sunflower-6 said...

Marie,
I don't have an email for you..
Here is how you do the cake...

http://glutenfreegood.blogspot.com/2011/03/pizza-birthday-cake_25.html

TQ said...

Ziploc bags no way!

Sounds like Braden had an awesome birthday. I must say that Buzz Lightyear kite is pretty awesome. The pizza cake was such a cute idea...especially how you had it in a pizza box. I have a feeling Braden will talk about that cake when he is older just like I still talk about my cool Beauty and the Beast cake from when I was about his age.

Laurel said...

He has gotten so big! I love his kite! Brings new meaning to the quote "Up, Up and away!" What a cute idea for the cake! Pretty awesome looking!

nana.amc said...

looks like Braden had a wonderful day. It was wonderful that he got to spend gut time with Dad. I love the cake. I bet it was fun flying the kite!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Braden! So cute!! Your pictures are fantastic. It sounds like he the best birthday (aside from the fever - poor guy). He is a very lucky little boy. I love the shirt he is wearing, he looks so handsome. We wish we could see you all more often. Everyone looks so cute!

The Three Vree's said...

Ok, first off, can he get any cuter?! I love him! Second, he is ONE LUCKY BOY to have an awesome mother like you to make an awesome cake like that!!!