Saturday, December 3, 2011

J's Second Birthday

I love this little munchkin!  She is growing up so fast and breaking barriers everyday.  She is really making great efforts to use her language skills to communicate.  I know most people couldn't understand her, but I can and she is making great progress!  She LOVES to be a 'helper'.  She will grab the broom and start chanting, "Helper, helper, helper!"  She loves her brother Braden and the two of them can get into a whole lot of trouble!  A few things that Jaycee loves at this time are:

*being outside
*walking anyone's dogs
*lipstick
*combing her hair
*her mimi (blanket)
*ripping any and every piece of paper in sight
*wearing Braden's shoes
*color on the walls
* the word "mine" and "no no"
*pineapple and clementine oranges
*Sister Hawthorne
*talking on the phone
* bath time
*waffles

Grandma Ward sent her a cute new dress and some princess pj's.  Her mom on the other hand got a mommy demerit this year.  With all the hustlings of getting ready for Thanksgiving the next day, we didn't do much birthday celebrating, not even a cake or cupcakes.  Jon did make her waffles which is her favorite meal!

2


I took Jay out for birthday pictures and she wasn't as thrilled about doing them as I was...



Sydney asked her to give us her famous stink eye and that got a partial smile out of her...



This was the only 'happy' one I got from her...



Playing around with the lighting umbrella...



This is what made her the most happy, dumping dirt all over the front of herself.


I found this other spot where I wanted her to stand in the tall grass.  What I didn't know was that there was cactus under all the grass.  She lost her balance and landed right on a cactus.  She had cactus spurs that were about two inches long lodged in her hand....several of them.  I felt so bad.


at that point, we were done!


Happy Birthday sweet Jaycee.  You bring so much spunk to our lives and we love you, a lot!

2 comments:

Erin said...

The pouty one in the chair is PRICELESS, with her foot kicking out in protest! I LOVE IT!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Heidi, these pictures of Jaycees birthday are awesome! Katie loved them. She kept saying how much she loved all of Jaycee's "pretty dresses." My kids loved the story of the "biting the belly off." So funny. We love your blog. Thanks for posting!