Friday, March 23, 2012

Forget Me Not Friday

*It’s been a while!  I feel like I can’t keep up with life and then Friday comes and goes and I haven’t written anything down.  I have a lot to catch up on.  Here we go…
*Jon and I have really been debating whether or not to get an iphone.   Then I bought a dog instead.  I wanted to name her apple, but the kids didn’t find it as funny as I did!
*Having a puppy is almost as hard as having a new born baby!  The whining at night is like trying to calm a fussy baby and getting up every four hours to take her out to go potty is starting to wear on me.  I’m exhausted!  Oh how we love Madi though.
*My mom flew down and we went to Time Out for Women.  Loved every minute of it.  In fact, I am almost certain I want to do it again in Logan Utah in October and have all my sisters and mom come with me.  We will make it a girl’s weekend!
*Braden loves to play on the ipod whenever he gets a chance.  There is a passcode on it so he always has to ask permission before getting on to play.  Braden went to the Apple store with me the other day and when we got in the car he said, “Mom, do you know why I love the ipods at the Apple store?”  I said, “No, braden, why do you love the ipods there?”  “Because there is no passcode on their ipods.  I can just get on it and play a game!” 
*JC has had this horrible rash on her behind for a few months now.  Me just thinking that is was diaper rash just kept slapping bum cream on it.  Well, when I took her in for her well child check I learned that she has perianal strep.  Who knew that you could get strep on your bum?  They gave her amoxicillin to treat it.  About eight days into the antibiotic, she started having a reaction and broke out in a hives rash all over her body.  The doctor felt like it had done its job and that everything would be fine.  The rash never really cleared up so I took her back in so they could actually do a strep test to verify that that was what was going on.  Two days later, I hadn’t heard back about the results.  When I called the doctor, she informed me that they had run the wrong strep test (they did the strep B which is the one they do when you are pregnant instead of the strep A) so I needed to bring her back in and redo it.  Poor girl is in so much pain when she poops.  She will hold it in as long as she can and when it comes out, she screams and cries.  I am hoping that in the next few days, that will all be better.
*I had the opportunity to attend the temple for a couple in our Ward that was going through for their endowments and then to be sealed for time and all eternity.  They were one of the couples in the temple prep class I co-taught.  What a neat experience.  They had asked me to take some pictures for them and this was my favorite.  I just love the expression on her face and the pure joy they both felt that day.


*I seriously can't believe that my baby boy is turning FIVE this weekend.  I can't even fathom that he will be going to kindergarten.  Oh how I will miss our walks/bike rides every morning.
*We will be making a trek across the country this summer.  It has been almost three years since we have seen most of Jon's family and all the cousins.  We will be having a family reunion in Virginia.  Please start praying for us now!  The thought of being in the car for three-four days straight with four kids and a dog is a bit over whelming!  I am looking forward to seeing lots of places along the way though.
*I am sure I have forgotten a few things from over the past two weeks, but if I remember, I will add them next week.

1 comment:

Jen Kesler said...

I love the name Apple. So funny and cute. Too bad the kids didn't go for it!

How in the world is your boy old enough to go to kinder? Sigh. Tell him to stop growing, please!