Thursday, March 22, 2012

Miss Madi

Sometimes, actually most of the time, I have to learn a lesson the hard way.  I really never thought I would own a dog, but decided that maybe our family needed one.  Really I did it for JC.  I saw the way she would light up and jabber up a storm when she would see one.  I really thought it would help her speech.  I got an adult dog (Reagan that I posted about in February) because I dislike  everything about the puppy stage.  After six weeks of giving it my best effort, we decided as a family that Reagan was not the best fit for our family.  I think she had been abused by previous owners.  She would run from us, she was hiding dog food in every corner of the house, and could not get the housebreaking thing down.  I promised the kids if we found her a good home, then this summer I would try the puppy thing.  While I was browsing on the internet, I decided to check out the puppy section on a Utah website.  Bad idea...bad, bad idea!  I saw the cutest little thing ever and knew she belonged in our family.  I called my sister, asked her if she would pick up the puppy and the kids and I would drive to Utah to pick her up.  I know, I'M CRAZY!  You can think I'm crazy and that is okay.  She is a shorkie and is very tiny and petite.  We LOVE her and she is great with the kids so far.  I think even Jon likes her (a lot!).   My mom went with Cozy to pick her up and fell in love with one of the other puppies and brought one home for my youngest sister Emily.  This is Madi.  The bottom picture is her brother Tuggs.  He lives at grandma's house.





4 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! I'm glad she is working so well with your family.

Nyra said...

Umm....look who's ear is poking out now!

The Three Vree's said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! She does the ear thing just like Tuggs!!! I miss her! Glad you guys love her!!

Stef said...

She is so cute!! I bet your kids are loving her to death!