Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stupid Gluten

Well, Celiac Disease has struck again.  My sweet little JC tested positive for it this week.  I know that we are already 'living that lifestyle', but it still sucks.  How do you reason with a two year old that they can't eat what everybody else is eating?  Gluten Free snacks are OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE.  We're talking like $7 for a 6 oz. bag of pretzels that would be consumed in one sitting.  Morgan and Sydney were 5 & 7 when they were  diagnosed so it was easy to explain to them and they understood what it felt like to have those stomach pains that are caused from eating gluten.  I just needed to vent, and I will probably be mopey for a few days, that is just how I deal with things sometimes.  Hears to the next chapter in our lives I guess. 

No comments: