Friday, July 6, 2012

Forget Me Not Friday

*Have you ever heard the phrase, “The days are long but the years are short?"  There is so much truth in that statement.  I am struggling with how fast life is going by.  How on earth is it that Braden will be in kindergarten and Morgan in middle school? l feel like I can’t even keep up with everyday life.  There are too many demands; children, housework, church stuff, photography, did I mention housework.  Poor Jon can’t even count on a meal ready for dinner anymore when he gets home from work.
*We have been super busy this summer with vacation.  We had a blast in Utah.  It really made me home sick to be back.  I really enjoyed hanging out with my sister and mom. 
*The kids did a lemonade stand a few times and made like thirty something dollars.  The best is that the ice cream man stopped and bought some lemonade from the girls.  Back when I was a kid, the ice cream man always seemed and appeared like a nice man.  I’m not sure I feel the same these days.  Most ice cream men are really scary looking to me.  With that said, when Morgan shared this info with us about him stopping at their stand, I asked her what he looked liked.  Morgan said, “Creepy.”  So I tried to get her to be a little more descriptive, like was he short, tall, thin, fat, white, Hispanic and so on.  She pauses for a minute then replies, “Actually he looked like dad.”  We all about busted a gut!  She couldn’t understand why we were all laughing at her.  Then it made her cry.  I tried to explain that we weren’t laughing at her, but rather how sometimes we say things without really thinking how they sound or come out.
*JC has been making progress with her speech in that she has a huge vocabulary she just can articulate many of the correct sounds.  If you are not paying very close to the context of what is going on, you would have no idea what she is trying to communicate.  Both Jon and I have noticed that she is REALLY starting to stutter.  I am hoping that is just part of the articulation process and something she will grow out of.
*I had the opportunity to shoot a wedding while we were in Utah.  I won’t lie to you, that was the most pressure I have ever felt.  There are no do overs.  I felt like I was going to puke and then it was go time.  There are a few things I would do differently next time, but overall, I am happy with how it went.  I did have some amazing backup photographers with me (Eric and Cozy!).
*I will confess that life with a dog is very restrictive.  I don’t like that very much.  What I do love is how affectionate a dog is.  Unconditional love, always.  Could learn a lesson from that.
*Getting ready to travel across the country in a few weeks, (with a dog) and I am praying that it is memorable, safe and fun.  I know the kids can do a full day in the car, but asking them to do three might be pushing it!  

1 comment:

~Michelle~ said...

Yeah for Forget Me Not Fridays, I've missed you!