It is that time of year again....Balloon Fiesta. The original plan was to just send Jon and the kids with my brother because I did not think my back could take standing for that long this morning. Then the guilt started to set in..."What kind of a mother would I be if I didn't make it a family event?" So yep, gathered everyone out of bed at 4am this morning, threw down some breakfast and warm clothes and headed out the door in time to catch the Dawn Patrol. It it always the coldest right before the sun comes up, but for some reason, this year it never really warmed up. The kids were freezing and not only did they let us know about it, but everyone in the vacinity knew too! Braden didn't think it was as cool as we had thought he might. He cried for three hours about how we needed to go home right now. Maybe I should have stuck with plan A and just stayed home in my cozy warm bed!
1 comment:
Heidi, you are a great mom. Traditions make great memories for children, but sometimes the fight, exhaustion and effort is almost enough to give up. PLUS, you are pregnant!! Wow! YOu are quite the trooper.
Post a Comment