June 28th 2010
Several weeks back I had read that the Church had put on a new display at the South Visitor's Center at Temple Square. It is a replica of the Temple. One side is open so you can see inside. The detail was unbelievable! Right down to the murals on the wall, the lighting and the pictures. We arrived just in time to make a showing of the film about Joseph Smith. It really strengthened my testimony of the power of faith and endurance. After the movie we took a tour of the C
onference Center. We have seen most of it before, just not the roof top. So in order to get to the top, you get the whole tour. It is truly amazing that all that vegetation and water can be on top of a building. I also learned the the deepest section of dirt is only three feet deep. How on earth do all of those massive trees stay standing? At the end of our tour, I saw a statue of a father with his son on his shoulders. It made me smile because that is Braden's favorite place to be...on his dad's shoulders. I think I did and saw more at Temple Square this time than I have in my whole life! I love the beauty of the Temple grounds and the way it makes me feel to be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment