Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Temple Time

June 29, 2010

Jon and I had the opportunity to do sealings at the Mount Timpanogos Temple.  His Aunt has been working on some family history.  She had sent us 96 temple cards that needed to be done.  We recruited Jon's sister Tanya and her husband Chris to help us out.  The Temple workers were such good sports to spend an ENTIRE morning with us so we could them all done! Afterwards, we enjoyed a tasty lunch at Los Hermanos.

I don't know why I have such a hard time listening to the promptings of the spirit.  I checked and double checked that I had my recommend before leaving for Utah.  When the morning came to go to the temple, I had the prompting to take my purse (also known as the diaper bag!).  I thought to myself, I don't need it.  I won't have the baby with me and I don't need my wallet because Jon would be driving.  So off we went.  When upon arriving at the temple, we were waiting in the lobby for Tanya and Chris to get there and I decided to get out my recommend.  Guess what?  It was not in my temple bag.  Yep, that's right, it was in my wallet!  In the very place I had been prompted to take with me.  So I raced back to my mom's house to get my wallet.  By the time I got back to the temple, Tanya and Chris had just arrived.  Funny thing...Tanya had forgot her recommend as well and had to back track to her house and get it!  This is only one of many times I have not listened to a simple prompting....when am I going to learn?!

June 30, 2010

The following morning I had the opportunity to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple with my mom to do baptisms for the dead.  My mom  has recently been coming back to church and is doing her part at the temple by doing baptisms.  Unfortunately, my mom was not able to be at my wedding ceremony, so this is the first time we have ever been to the temple together.  It was a neat experience.  I realized I had not done baptisms since I was in the young womens program during my teenage years...so it's been a while!  Thanks mom for sharing that opportunity with me.

1 comment:

Jen Kesler said...

Looks like you guys had a great time on your trip!