Sunday, February 6, 2011

Morgan's 10th Birthday

I almost can't bring myself to say it....Morgan turned TEN years old today!!  That is a whole decade!  Where on earth did ten years go.  What have I done in the past ten years to be the best mom I could be?  Have I done the best job I can of teaching her the things she needs to know?  I was young ten years ago!  I realized today that I really only have her here at home for as long as I have had her.  That is a very scary thought because these last ten years have FLOWN by.  Okay, enough of that, let's get on with the celebrations that took place for this beautiful and amazing girl of ours.  Morgan and I had a mommy/daughter lunch date on Thursday since there was no school and Jon was home from work to watch the other kids.  Morgan chose to go to Red Robin, mostly because they would sing to her and she would get free ice cream!  Can't say I blame her.  


 Sister Eteaki had a birthday the day before Morgan, so we invited her and Sister Kinikini over on Friday night for dinner and waffle bowls with ice cream.


I knew that we would be giving Morgan a sewing machine (fairly inexpensive/starter one) for her birthday, but she didn't at the time, so I had told her that I would make her a skirt so we needed to go pick out some fabric.  She sewed some of the straight stitches and I did the rest.  We decided that it would be fun if her sister's had matching skirts as well!  I would have to say that they turned out awesome!!


Morgan was so excited to open her gifts.  The sewing machine was a big hit.  She got a new pair of Oobee slippers, our favorites!  Grandma and Grandpa Ward sent her new clothes, a card and some money.  Sydney made Morgan some coupons for jobs around the house that she would do for Morgan at anytime.  I think that was the best gift ever!  It was Sydney's idea and I think it shows love and thoughtfulness.


Morgan's favorite meal is nachos, so that was the meal of choice for her 10th birthday.
Her and I made a poppyseed cake with cream cheese frosting and it was so yummy.
Don't tell, but we had a few waffle bowls leftover, so we splurged and both for dessert tonight!!





I love this girl so much.  She brings us a lot of joy and happiness.  Rather than me telling about her, I asked her a to tell us about herself and this is what she had to say...(I did prompt her with some of the questions)

Me: "Morgan, who are you?"
Morgan: "I am a girl!"
Favorite Age so far:  Age 8 because that is when she was baptized
Favorite Food: Pizza, Tacos, Nachos
Favorite Color: Violet
Favorite Animal:  Hamster, Cat, Dog
Favorite grade in school: 2nd grade...why?  because I learned a lot!
Likes to play the piano, but not practice
Wants to be a vet when she grows up
Favorite game: Farkle (it's a dice game)
Favorite Movie: Ramona and Beezus
Saddest memory so far:  When President Hinckley and Great Grandpa Benson passed away
Happiest memory so far: When the principal called  me down to tell me that I had a new baby sister (Jaycee)
Favorite family activity:  Our trip to Disneyland and San Diego/trips to Utah
What is cooler? Trains, Planes or Automobiles: Planes
If you could go anywhere, where would you choose?  Hawaii
If you needed to talk to someone, who would you go to first? Mom
If you had $100 to spend, what would you buy?  A dog!

There you have it, straight from a 10 year old!
We love you so much Morgan.  Happy Birthday.

FYI:  in 2001, the day Morgan was born, the temperature was -12 degrees with 9 inches of new snow.
 2011 - The week of her birthday it was -9 degrees and school was cancelled for the whole week!!



2 comments:

Nyra said...

Morgan,
That looks like the best birthday ever!!
Wish I had of been there. Love you so much and I'm so proud of you...Love,
Grandma Ward.

The Three Vree's said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! Looks like you had an amazing birthday! I'm so glad you are my niece!