*Almost every morning before Jon leaves for work, he buckles Braden in the car and takes him for a little ride around the short block. I love to see the smile on his face. I am so grateful for the relationship they have.
*I have been doing really well to say morning prayers everyday with the kids before they head out for school. It has been awesome to hear as their prayers have grown. What I mean by that is they are starting to have more thoughtful prayers. They are more mindful of people and things they are praying for. I love to hear them pray for each other.
*So this gray hair issue I’m having is getting worse...I usually just find lots of ‘new growth’, but just this week, I found one that was 11 ½ inches long. Yes, I did measure it! That means that is has been there for a very long time! I’m not sure I can deal with a whole head of gray hair. I made a promise to myself that I would never dye my hair to cover it up….that was 15 years ago so we’ll see if I can stick to my guns!
*Jaycee’s first therapist Nicole came back from maternity leave and we are so excited to have her back!!
I was so proud of Jaycee today. She was standing holding a toy and Nicole could tell she had her balance so she let go. Jaycee took three steps towards me before she realized nobody was holding on to her and then kind of panicked and fell down. That is a HUGE milestone for us, for Jaycee.
*I am so glad that spring is here and that it is lighter later. It allows the kids so much more time to be outside getting their exercise and having fun. My only complaint is the darn wind here, it is relentless and lasts about two months straight.
*Our ward was split a few weeks ago, but do to spring break and sickness, this past Sunday was our first week to attend the 'new ward'. I am not a huge fan of change and there are going to be a lot of adjustments on my part. I also got called to serve in the primary presidency...2nd counselor. I really miss working with our old presidency. I feel like I am an outsider in this new ward. Actually I feel like an outsider in life in general. I am not sure were I fit in anywhere anymore.
*Sometimes I wonder why God has entrusted me with his precious children. I am not qualified to be their mother. I'm finding it really hard to enjoy any part of the journey right now. How do I enjoy working hard all day getting everything tidy and clean to have everyone come home and have all my hard work turned upside down in less than 30 minutes? How do I enjoy children that have been told a million times to hang up their bath towels and yet every night there lies their bath towel wadded up on the floor getting stinky? I want my kids to be responsible, dependable and hard working, so if I can't get them to do the small things now, how can I expect bigger and greater things from them. Why on earth do they not come with instruction manuals?
I had better stop now...In the end, it is all about my attitude and right now, my attitude stinks.
4 comments:
Oh Heidi!!! I hear you! About the grey hair and the kids not listening! I find them all the time and they are LONG!!! The hairs not the kids. Things will get better in all areas. But I know the feeling. I think this is when we need a mom vacation. Unlikely though.....
You're a GREAT mother Heidi! One day, your kids will thank you for everything!!
I think everyone feels like an outsider sometimes...especially when change is involved. As someone who has moved A LOT in the last few years I can definitely relate. Change is hard, but things generally work out in the end. And you're an awesome mom with some amazing kids!
You are a wonderful mother. Know that I struggle with the same exact questions and frustrations, but I have to remind myself that they are kids. I was a kid not too long ago and I did the same exact stuff to my parents. Only I was probably worse. :) You would have died if you saw my bedroom as a teenager. Now!?! Clutter drives me nuts. Our kids are getting it, even when we think they aren't. You have great kids and your hard work WILL pay off! At least that's what I tell myself!
Post a Comment