Friday, October 14, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

          
*Jaycee and I are in Utah this weekend.  It is the big wedding day for Shawnee.   We left on Tuesday night at 5pm and drove through the night and got to our destination at 3:30 am.  About an hour after we got on the road I received a very dramatic phone call from Morgan.  She was so hysterical.  I ask her to slow down and tell me what was wrong.  My first thought was that her frog had died or that Macy had gotten out of the house and run away.  In the end it turned out that she and Jon had had a disagreement and she ended up being sent to her room for the night.  (Since she has a phone in her room, that is how she was able to make her pleading phone call for me to turn around and come back home!)  This is the email I received the following morning: “Mom I really miss you please come home.  It is going to be a long week with dad babysitting.  I will probably get in trouble the whole week.  Love you.  Love Morgan
To which I replied: “Thanks for the email.  I miss you guys too.  I will be home on Monday morning.  This week will be what you make of it, so make it a good one.  I know you can!!  Love, Mom.”  I am not looking forward to the preteen and teenage years!
*I have been blessed with the most amazing husband.  He is so supportive of EVRYTHING I do.  He puts up with my crazy ideas and craft projects.  He always will sacrifice his needs to meet mine.  He allows me to grow and find out who I am.  Thank you Jon.
*Jon’s dad is celebrating his 60th birthday at the end of the month so I thought it would be great to have all his children and spouses and grandchildren right down some of their favorite stories and memories of Papa.  I compiled them all and had a book made.  It was so fun to read about Papa and learn more about him.  I am so happy with how the book turned out and can’t wait for him to get it next week!
*I am highly recommending the book ‘The People Code’ if you are looking for a way to learn and know how to deal/respond to your child’s personality (or anyone for that matter).  Each child comes wired with a very unique personality and each child responds in very different ways.  This book breaks down all the different kinds of personalities and how to best interact with them.  I have learned a lot and now just have to figure out the best way to apply it to my life and the way I interact with each of my kids.  Lucky for me I have four very different personality types to manage!!  Well, five if I count myself!  Jon is a White personality which makes him very versatile with all the other colors, so he is easy.  Maybe that it is why we get along so well!
*I have reached a point in my life where I am doing some serious soul searching to find out who I really am and what makes me tick and do the things I do.  It can be a very painful process, but is giving me the opportunity to grow in so many ways.  Change is hard, but I can do hard things, or that is what I keep telling myself!  I want to be a better person, mother and wife.

No comments: