Friday, October 28, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*This last Sunday was Stake Conference and President Lewis was giving his talk and amidst all the noise of the kids I heard him say that he needed a helper and then I hear him ask if Sydney C. was here today.  He invited her to come up to the stand and at that moment, shear panic set in.  I prayed real fast that he would not ask her anything that might embarrass us as parents, such as, “Do you have family scripture study every night?” Or, “Do you say prayers as a family every night?”  He asked her if she had recently been baptized and if she was reading her scriptures.  He challenged her to keep a scripture journal and write down her thoughts and feelings as she reads.  He gave her a new sparkly journal and sent her back to her seat.  He had already addressed it to her on the inside and had written his testimony.  I hope she will cherish that journal and remember the things he said to her that day.
*Braden told me that he likes Sister Hawthorne much better than me because she catches crickets with him! 
*Morgan has pitched an idea to her school principal that was inspired by a story in the book she is currently reading, Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul.  She is trying to involve all the kids in making donations to Foster Care children, such as backpacks, duffle bags, stuffed animals and blankets.  She is so excited to take on this project.  I hope that her principal will approve and support her in her efforts.
*Jon is off on another scout camp out.  I hope they don’t freeze to death tonight.  I love that he has a love for scouting and that he makes every effort to help the boys have that same desire.
*I am so in love with Jaycee’s personality these days.  She is clever, sneaky and so happy.  I need to capture a picture of her cute little wrinkle nose smile she gives me when she is super happy.
*I am hoping that Braden can endure the cold weather mornings so we can continue our morning walks/bike rides.  I am sure going to miss that little man when he goes off to kindergarten.
*I have been working with Braden to teach him how to spell his name with the magnets on the fridge.  He doesn’t have the same love for learning that the girls did!

1 comment:

Jen Kesler said...

I love President Lewis...he is so awesome and thoughtful, what a neat thing for Sydney.

I also LOVE the b & w photo of Jaycee with the wild hair...you have to put it on your wall. It is so cute!