Sunday, September 26, 2010

Primary Program

Today was our Ward's Primary program.  Can I just say that I don't care who you are or what you believe, but when you have 200+ children singing 'I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints', you can't help but feel the spirit.  It's definitely rewarding to see a year's worth of practice, planning and preparing come to a successful end.  Unless you have served in a primary presidency, I don't think you can understand how much it takes to pull this type of a program off.  I have the opportunity to work with some really great sisters that love the children and are very inspired by the spirit.  I will have to say that this year's primary theme song has touched me like no other primary song ever.  Each time I here the children sing this song, it literally brings tears to my eyes.  I am so grateful for my Savior and the love that he feels for me.  I KNOW that he knows me personally. I too did not touch him, or sit on his knee, but He is real to me.  I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the direction it gives me.  To know that if I live a rightous life, and follow his example, I can return to him someday.


1. A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.
Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
2. Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.

6 comments:

Chelsey said...

The program was AMAZING. Seriously, I think that was the best I've ever heard children sing in a Primary Program. The spirit was so strong! You guys did a fantastic job.

Hans and Laurel said...

I also love that song. Our program isn't until Oct 31st (yes Halloween) and I am pretty excited that they get to start practicing soon. Glad that yours went so well.

Jen Kesler said...

You are awesome!

Stef said...

Amen! I was bawling at that first song and couldn't hardly stop. The power that those little kids have is truly remakable. Behold your little ones. It was beautiful. Thanks for all the hard work!!

Nyra said...

How proud you must be. If not, I am very proud of you. Now, I'm crying as I hear the song. Thanks for being my daughter. My girls are so talented, each in their own way....

Sarah said...

Thank you for posting this Heidi. It was so sweet. I love being in primary again and getting to know the songs. I love to hear the children sing. I love the clip you found it was beautiful. My kids and I have been practicing this song all week in our morning devotionals and I am so excited to show them this clip tomorrow. Thank you for bearing your testimony. It was awesome!