Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas Eve ended with a plate of cookies for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer.  Jon had been having some neck pain during the week and by Christmas Eve he was hurting pretty bad.  At first he thought maybe he had just slept wrong or maybe pinched a nerve.  During the night the pain got so bad that he was in tears.  I didn't know exactly what to do.  It was Christmas morning by now and I didn't feel like I could call anyone to take the kids while I ran him to the ER.  The guilt of ruining someone else's Christmas was killing me.  Jon said to go ahead and have Christmas and he would be fine.  So 30 minutes later he is still trying to get out of bed and the kids have already tore through their stockings and wanting to move on with the presents.  I was really bummed that I didn't get any of their excitement of video.  Braden was being so cute and I missed it all.  Jon suffered through the morning with the best attitude he could considering how bad he hurt.  I got breakfast under way and he went back to bed and slept for a few hours.  By 2pm he was back up and asking to go to the urgent care.  So we loaded up all the kiddos and headed out.  Surprisingly enough, not very many people are at the urgent care on Christmas day.  We got right in, saw the doctor and in less than one hour we were on our way to the pharmacy for some serious pain meds.  The doctor thinks he tore a muscle in his neck and shoulder area.  By now it is past dinner time and I had no desire to prepare a nice dinner, so thank goodness there was plenty of Christmas Eve dinner leftovers!!  I would have to say that we really did have a great Christmas, it just wasn't ideal or went exactly how I had envisioned.



The kids got Dr. Seuss stuffed animals in their stockings 
as well as lots of chocolate goodies, oranges and $2 bills.


Braden got this really cool remote control car that we never could get to work...what a let down.



Santa brought the girls their very own hoodies so they would stop stealing mine!!
They also got a really fun puppet stand and two big bins of puppets.


Jay got a new car seat that she was in desperate need of!!  

2 comments:

The Three Vree's said...

I love Jay's car seat! It is super cute! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas, despite the pain Jon was in. Wish I could have spent it with you.

~Michelle~ said...

Look how grown up Jay is in her new car seat!
Looks like just about every one had a super Christmas.