Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Make Do or Do Without

We have lived here for 8 1/2 years now, and we have only gotten 'real' snow twice.  What I mean by real snow is when you actually have to go out and shovel!  This past week while we were getting a nice covering of snow, the kids ask me why I have never bought them any snow boots.  My reply, "I am not going to buy snow boots when it only snows twice every ten years.  Besides, if I did buy you snow boots, you would have outgrown them before you ever got to wear them!"  So being the creative mom that I am, I made them a pair of snow boots!  If I see these being sold at Walmart or online, I better be getting a portion of the proceeds!!
The idea behind just using good ol' grocery sacks is too keep their feet from getting wet.  If they are not wet, they don't get as cold, right?  Well, it made the kids happy about being in the snow for a short period of time...so I consider it a job well done.



4 comments:

Stef said...

You just won the mother of the year club. I love it!! I am so with you. My kids were also begging for boots. Umm, no. You will wear them today....and never again.

TQ said...

That's what I wore growing up. It looks funny but it works!

~Michelle~ said...

Best mom ever!
Love ya Heidi.

The Three Vree's said...

BURRRRRRRRR Looks cold! Love the snow shoes!! :)