Monday, July 18, 2011

Fourth of July

This year for the Fourth of July, we were in a new Ward and they have a tradition of having a 5K run before the breakfast and flag ceremony.  I decided that I was going to give it a try.  For about four weeks before the big day, I started running and tried to work myself up to running the three miles needed to finish the race.  About two days before the race I realized that Jon and I would both be running but I still had four kids I was responsible for....mmmmm!  Morgan and Sydney were big enough to leave playing with their friends at the park, but there was no way I was leaving Braden and Jaycee.  So I put Braden on his bike and Jaycee in her double stroller.  Things were going well until we hit the part of the race that was pure dirt and gravel....for the length of ONE mile.  I thought I was going to die!  Braden had a hard time peddling through it as well.  My sweet friend, bless her heart, pushed him and his bike the entire time through the dirt.  We did it and we finished but not something I think I will do again.  I don't find running 'fun'!  Sydney decided last minute that she wanted to run as well.  She ran for two miles without stopping and decided that was enough for her.  So proud of you sis!  Good Job!




'The Team'
Rebecca, Heidi, Jon, Eric, Nicole and Gary


After the exciting race we headed home to get ready for a BBQ with good friends and great food.
This is my patriotic flag pinata I made.  Cardboard holds up a lot better than paper mache and it took the kids   a lot of hits before they broke it open. 






1 comment:

Erin said...

Your pinata looked great, and your family photo is super cute. I love the blouse you wore.