Friday, July 29, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*We made it back from Utah safe and sound.  My sister Cozy and her son Braxton came back with us.  She is going to be mom to my four kids while Jon and I take a trip to Hawaii over the next week.  She is a brave and kind soul.  I appreciate her for doing this for us.
*Braden cleaned house at grandmas and collected probably fifty or so snails…large snails!  He was adamant about bringing them home so he could show his dad.  I love that he finds joy in the simplest of things.  It brings him such happiness to find a newborn baby rolly pollie, or a big cricket or any other creepy crawly!
*I have to admit that all fighting aside, it has been a really great summer with the kids home.  We have a lot of fun things and we have stayed very busy.  I am looking forward to things starting to wind down over the next few weeks as we get back into a scheduled routine.
* We had a great time at the cabin.  It was the first time in many years that our entire family was all together at the same time and I think we all enjoyed each other’s company!  Hopefully it will happen again sooner rather than later.
*Cozy did facials with all the kids, popped popcorn and watched a movie with them, Michelle bought fireworks to do with the kids on the 24th of July, Nyles wooed the kids with his puppies and Eric kept them busy with yoga moves.  Another highlight for the kids is taking a trip to the DI’s to shop for a ’treasure’ .  Morgan scored a 10 gallon aquarium for her new frog, Sydney loaded up on germ filled stuffed animals, and Braden got himself an outdoor bug collecting container (a red tin lunch box)!
*Well, it’s off to Hawaii for a week for some Hawaiian sunsets and relaxation!

2 comments:

Nyra said...

Have a great vacation in Hawaii

The Three Vree's said...

It was so fun to have you in Utah! And it has been and will be so fun to be in your home!! Love you! Hope you have an amazing vacation!