A few days after the fourth of July, we went on a road trip with our friends. Rebecca was being beaded for finishing up Wood Badge and asked if we would like to be there for it. Heck ya! We caravaned in two cars and headed out for a FULL days adventure. Because of all the fire restrictions, we didn't get to do any hiking, mostly driving. We did see some beautiful country though. Our first stop was at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. Anyone who knows me well knows I do not like bridges. I have very little trust in them and I am terrified of heights. First we drove across this bridge (I was more than white knuckling it too!), and then we parked the car and walked acrossed it. Every time a car drove over it, you could feel the vibration. I will admit that it was a breath taking view form the bridge.
Can I just say how much we have enjoyed having this great guy around!
He has all the kids doing yoga and they love it.
Our next stop was at a Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Park. It was right outside of Angel Fire where there is a ski resort. By this time it was raining pretty good. It felt so good to see, hear and smell the rain.
By dinner time we had reached our destination at Philmont Scout Ranch. That place was BEAUTIFUL! The buildings and landscaping were gorgeous.
An elderly gentleman hand carves these neckties. They were pretty cool.
This is Rebecca right before the beading ceremony.
After it was all said and done!!
This was the beautiful sunset that we ended the day with.
Thanks Gary and Rebecca for a great adventure!!
2 comments:
You are braver than I am. I would not have even crossed it. Good for you!
I am with Becca. I get a little dizzy when I think about it. And it is even worse when I think about my kids walking on the edge.
Rebecca looks great. What a fun trip!!
Post a Comment