Friday, August 12, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*Jon and I came home to some very excited kids that had missed us dearly!  They even made us a huge ‘Welcome Home’ sign in the hallway. I think that going on vacation is a double edge sword.  It feels so nice to have a break from life, but it sure makes it hard to step back in to reality.  I should feel recharged and have more patience, but I don’t.  I am exhausted and every little thing is pushing me over the edge.  I love my kids, but I will admit that I am really looking forward to school starting next week.  The girls are very excited to go back.  Today is meet the teacher.  I hope they get some really great teachers that will help them excel.
*I have officially earned two major mommy demerits in the past month.  First demerit:  A few weeks back, I was rushing to be somewhere and I had asked Braden to be a big boy and brush his own teeth.  He squawked and complained about doing it and before long he was out of sight, out of mind.  A few minutes later the girls come in with what appears to be a tube of toothpaste and ask why Braden is brushing with it instead of toothpaste.  I look over to see a tube of Icy Hot and then look over at Braden to see him fanning his mouth off.  “Mom, my mouth is on fire!” says Braden.   So I had to call poison control and make sure he was going to be okay and it turns out he will survive!!
Second demerit:  To give a brief background, since my surgery in May, it threw my monthly cycles off schedule and my bleeding has been very, very heavy.  I did not want to end up on a 7 hour plane ride or be on the beach and have to worry about my period, so I asked my doctor for some birth control pills to help control my cycle as well as the bleeding for the next couple of months.  After returning home this past week, I tucked my pills away in my bathroom drawer.  I got up Wednesday morning to take the pill and Wednesday’s pill was missing.  I knew for certain that I had not taken more than one a day simply for the fact that I have a really hard time remembering to take just the one I need every day!  My first thought was that Braden was the culprit.  So I calmly went to him and without giving to much information about what the pills were for, I tried to get him to confess that it was him.  He cried that it wasn’t, so I moved on to the next child.  To make a long story short, it was Sydney.  So once again I had to call poison control and find out if my eight year old would be having hormone issues.  They said that just one pill would not affect her, thank goodness.  I’m sure poison control has me on their watch list for a mother that can’t keep her two eyes on four children all at the same time!!
*Braden’s sole surviving snail may have met his demise yesterday.  It was partly due to Cozy and I convincing him that snails like salty foods.  When the snail starting foaming a little, Braden was devastated.  Then I felt like a mommy killer.  He has such a tender heart when it comes to bugs.  They are like his own little children.  He is so good to always ask what kinds of food they may like to eat.  He plays with them and tries to make sure they are always shaded.  I just had to see it from a massive snail infestation point of view.  I did not want an entire backyard full of these slimy things.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I laughed so hard at the Icy Hot story. I had to read it to Aaron so he would know what I was busting a gut over. I love your Braden stories. He cracks me up!