*My girls have discovered the ‘radio’ and they like to blare it full blast. Why is it that as we get older we have less of a tolerance for music, loud music?
*Braden decided to try his hand at shoplifting this week. We were at the dollar store and he was showing me this key chain that had an LED light. I acknowledged it and asked him to put it back and I didn’t think another thing about it. Well, later that day I see him running around the house shining this little light on everything. Sure enough, it was the key chain from the dollar store. My visiting teachers were about to arrive any minute so I had Jon take him back to the dollar store and return it. After a long talk (and a lot of threatening that next time the police would come and take him to jail), I hope he won’t do that again!
*Sydney has taken an interest in doing her own hair….and the hair style she likes best is the come over look. She will part her hair on the side of her head and then come it all the way over to the other side. (I need to get a picture). It is so hard to not make a big deal about fixing it. I want her to feel independent and successful, but I also don’t the kids at school to laugh at her.
*Morgan is getting to be a great little cook. She made pizza for us last Sunday night for our anniversary and she did a great job. I’m thinking about just assigning her a night of the week to be in charge of dinner.
*Braden informed me that he is big enough to stand and pee now. Heaven help me!!
*Morgan’s frog died this week. She was devastated. After working so hard to earn the money, researching how to care for a tree frog and being so excited, it lasted all of three weeks. Jon and I bought her a new one to replace it. This new frog has been so much more active and we have actually been able to watch him eat his mill worms. She named him Lemon-lime. This was definitely a teaching moment about death and the Savior’s plan. I had to keep from being to insensitive, because for me, it was just a frog and I would have been okay to just throw him in the garbage. Morgan felt it was important to make him a casket and bury him. We compromised. Since the backyard is so small anyhow, we dug a hole to bury him, but did not make a casket. I think she has since moved on and is happy with her new frog. We will pray he lasts a little longer than three weeks.
* I read a book this week! That is huge for me. I do not enjoy reading. The funny thing is that by the time I got to the last fifty pages, I realized I had read it many years ago!! A neighbor in our ward was selling all of her LDS fiction books. I bought all the Jack Weyland books she had. It was one of those that I read thinking that I had never seen it before. Silly me! It just goes to show how bad I am losing my memory.
*Jon is attending Wood Badge this weekend. I hope he learns a lot and has a great time.
1 comment:
I love the name Mo picked for her frog! Super cute! Love these Friday posts!
Post a Comment