*The girls are back in school! I think the best part for me is that I have my sweet little Braden back. I don’t know why, but when the girls are around he is a very different kid and the sweetness ends the moment the girls get home, so I have to cherish those few hours a day!!
*Jaycee was evaluated for speech therapy this week. Yep, we will be doing that too. I think our biggest asset with therapy will be Braden. Jaycee mimics everything he does, so if we can get him to be a good model in making sounds and saying little words, she will do great.
*Morgan and her friend Emily have been teaching Braden to ride his bike without training wheels. There are definitely some great perks to having older children!! He hasn’t quite got the hang of doing on his own but he will in no time at all if we work with him some more this weekend.
*Test results for this month came back and they are below a one. Yeah!!
*I do not have a lot of home videos of my kids, but the few that I do have make me smile. I was going through a few last night of Sydney’s home videos she has made with Jon’s camera. She cracks me up and makes me laugh so hard. They are the kind of videos that if I showed her friends in ten years, she would die of embarrassment!
*We finally had a lightning storm roll through last night. I was so excited to go out to the mesa and capture some awesome shots. Cozy went with me. I got the tripod and camera all set up and started shooting when this car pulled over and turned down their lights. I started to panic. I told cozy to get 911 dialed on her phone and be ready to push send. This guy gets out and tries to tell me that if we drive out to this other location we would get better pictures. I declined. He tried to convince us again and proceeded to tell us about this cave and we should come check it out. At this point I was trying to figure out how I could grab my camera, get in the car and drive away. He asks if we smoked and I said no. He kind of laughed and told us that weed was the best and it does no harm to your body. Whatever fool. He heads back to his car and yells back in our direction that he had something to show us. My first thought was he was going to get a gun and this was it, we were going to die. I knew I didn’t have time to make a run. He returned with his iphone to show us some of his time lapsed pictures he had been taking. I was praying that he would just get in his car and go away. In the mean time, I am missing all the great lightning going on. He finally left. By then the wind had really picked up and I could no longer stay to take pictures. That my friends, is the very reason that I never, never go out to mesa alone at night.
*Cozy goes home today… It has been so great having her around. The kids love her. I love her. She does so many fun things with the kids. She is such a great mom to Braxton too. We will miss them. Thank you Cozy for everything these past three weeks.
*We have had company at our house since June 17th. It is one of those bitter sweet moments. I will miss having other adults around during the day and having built in babysitters!! Back to real life and reality, right?
1 comment:
Thanks for having me for 3 weeks! Loved every single day of it!!
Post a Comment