*This week has been a great week! Jon and I have been in Hawaii with our friends the Hawthorne’s. We have done and seen some cool things. I will write more about those details later when I have all our pictures done. This is the first chance all week that I have been at my computer. It kind of feels nice not being tied to it all the time, but I also feel so behind on editing. It will be picture overload when I get them all done. I haven’t looked at all the ones I took while we were in Utah.
*I was talking to Sydney this week about some of our activities that we would be doing, one of which was zip lining. I told her that Gary and Rebecca would be swinging through the trees, but that I was not going to do it. Her response to me was, “Mom, if you’re not doing it because you think you are too old to be swinging in the trees, you’re really not all that old.” My dearest Sydney, age had nothing to do with it!! Fear of heights definitely played a big part in my choice not to do it.
*I did get to video chat with the kids yesterday. Jaycee jabbered up a storm. In fact, if any of the other kids tried to talk to Jon or myself, she would jabber louder! It was so cute to see her tell a story in her own language!
*I have thoroughly enjoyed my ‘vacation’ from being a mom, but I do miss my kiddos. I am so grateful for all those who have sacrificed on our behalf so that Jon and I could take a get a way together.
I know it hasn’t been easy for Cozy with FIVE kiddos. Thank you, thank you!
*We arrived here on Waikiki last night and I feel like we are on the Vegas strip. So not my idea of a vacation. There are way too many weird people. I am very thankful we have plans to be elsewhere on the island for our sightseeing adventures. All I am seeing here in Waikiki is sin and wordly living.
*Jon and I celebrated his 36th birthday at the Cheese Cake Factory...This was the first time I had ever eaten at one and it was delicious!!
2 comments:
So, Glad you are having an awesome time. Cozy loves the cheesecake factory! Excited to see your pictures.
Glad I could watch the darling kiddos while you guys got to vacation! I hope it was a blast!!
Post a Comment