Friday, September 2, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday


*I left the pantry door open and the next I know Jaycee has the BIG jug (64 ounces) of syrup up to her mouth getting ready to chug (or rather spill all over herself and the floor!) down some sticky goodness.
*Here it is three weeks out from being back from Hawaii and I just now realized that I left my cell phone charger and my camera battery charger at the hotel.  Fortunately for me they hold onto things for three months.  They are now sending me what I hope belongs to me!!
*I took the kids to get some pants for the upcoming fall weather and I had picked out some really cute boot cut jeans and Sydney says to me, “Why can’t I just get some skinny jeans?”  How does my eight year old now the difference between boot cut and ‘skinny’ jeans?  I am feeling a sense of loss of control in some areas of my life as a parent.  My kids are learning that they have an opinion!
*Morgan is such a simple child.  What I mean by simple is she has three shirts that she wears, and only those three shirts.  Two of which are the exact same shirts (USU AGGIE shirts) and a black shirt with some print on it.  No matter what recommendations I make for her, she will come out with one of those three shirts on.  I wonder what would happen if those three shirts just accidently disappeared for a short period of time.  I wonder if she would be able to break out of her shell and wear something else? It definitely makes shopping less expensive for her!
*Some major house rearranging has been going on this week at our house.  My friend Rebecca came over for two days and we totally moved everything around and into different rooms!  Morgan now has her own room, Sydney and Jaycee share, Braden’s room got a new look and Jon and I’s room is amazing!  I love the new changes.
*I bought Braden some workbooks to do ‘homework’ (just like his sisters) so that I can help him be ready for kindergarten next year.  Right now he thinks it is so fun to do homework, we will see how long that lasts!!  I can’t believe he will be old enough to go to school next year.  How did that go by so fast?  I will definitely miss that little man when he goes.
*Jaycee’s personality is really starting to come out and she is becoming more confident in a lot of areas.  She will wave at random people, stay at a friend’s house for a play date and not cry when I leave, try hard to communicate what she wants.    She is really starting to say Sydney’s name really well.  It’s a good start!

1 comment:

~Michelle~ said...

I wanna see some pictures of the new rooms!