Friday, September 30, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*Is anyone else frantic about how fast this year is FLYING by?  The holidays are right around the corner and I am not ready.  I never feel ready and I don’t think anybody does, but somehow here we are and there is no stopping time.
*As we made a drive up to Utah for General Conference, we went up through Durango.  I had forgotten how BEAUTIFUL the fall colors are in canyons this time of year.  Oh how I miss that.  I wanted to stop and take pictures of everything beautiful I saw, but that just wasn’t possible.
*Little Miss Jaycee has mastered the art of opening and shutting all the doors in the house!  That means trouble for me.  While we were at grandma/pa’s house, I heard Jay as clear as day say, “Grandpa”.  Holy cow, I was so thrilled!!
*Jon is going to the Utah State Aggies VS. The BYU Cougars tonight.  I hope for his sake that the AGGIES win tonight!  Go Aggies!!  (and they lost by three in the last 20 seconds of the game…boo)
*Took the kids to see Cars 2 in 3D.  Over all, everyone sat and was well behaved.
*I have been reading this book called The People Code over the past few weeks. It is a book about different personalities and what personalities do well together and how to interact with each type of personality. I have found that I really hate who I am and the person I have become.    My intention for reading the book was so that I could know how to deal with each of my children in a way that would be for the positive and I would know how to best teach and discipline them.  Instead I am learning a lot about myself and how many limitations I have because of who I am.  It has really put me in a negative place because I don’t like who I am and I am finding that I am really not so fun to be around.  My children deserve better, my husband deserves better.  How do you change a lifetime of habits and personality traits?  One day at a time, right?  Even that feels like moving mountains.  I guess you could say that in the end I might just learn know how to best deal with my children if I start with changing me and the way I act/react to things.  This is definitely not going to be easy.  I am very grateful for the opportunity to have attended the Relief Society Broadcast and to hear President Uchtdorf's talk.  No matter what, God loves me and has not forgotten me.  I just have to remember that and remind myself that we are here on this earth to make ourselves better.  Some of us just have more work to do than others!
*I  miss living in Utah during the fall season….
*I am really hoping to get some answers to a few prayers while listening to Conference this weekend.

2 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

One day at a time woman! You don't have more to work on than anyone else...we all have equal amounts of gunk to work on, it's just that each person's gunk is different than the next person's gunk...make sense!?!?! Love and miss you!!!

Nyra said...

I think your prayers were answered at conference. Thanks for coming and sharing the kidos with us.