Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bees


One night the kids came yelling that there were bees in the backyard.  I just kind of blew it off and told them if they did not bother the bees, the bees would not bother them.  The following morning, the kids were getting all dramatic again about these bees.  So I decided maybe I needed to take a look...Yep, they had a very good reason to be freaked out!  It was a swarm the size of a basketball!  I really wasn't sure how to take care of it.  I knew that I didn't want to be spraying bug killer all over where the kids play.  I called the city, they connected me with a bee keeper and in less than an hour we had the two nicest bee keepers at our home ready to take the swarm of bees to their hives.  A week later, we found a jar of fresh honey on our porch!





No comments: