Friday, June 7, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend with Friends


I love that we have such great friends.  Friends that like a little adventure.  We headed up to the Jemez area and made camp for the day. 


Jon had a chance to throw his fishing line for a few hours...



Gary and Rebecca took the time to teach of the kids gun safety and  gave them each a chance to shoot at a target.  This was an air soft gun that JJ was shooting.



**the gun was NOT loaded when we took this shot***


 JJ was super excited to see where she had hit the target.




I think Morgan shot the BB gun for a few hours.  It was her favorite and she was determined to get a bulls-eye.


I don't know that she got a bulls-eye, but she did bury a BB in the tree!




I know that Jon enjoyed teaching Braden how to shoot at the target.


Even I got involved with the target practice...


A little archery as well...


Then Gary pulled out the 'real' gun.  I think the expression on my face makes it pretty clear that I am scared to death to even touch the gun.


I pray that I never, ever have to use a gun again!  I can't even get over the power behind one of those.  Not only do I not want to shoot one, I hope I am never ever shot by one. 




JJ had reached the point where she didn't like the sound of the gun anymore...it was loud.


By the end of the day, we had had a great time laughing, playing and well, getting dirty!


Dog included!






No comments: