In preparation for our stake's up coming trek, Rebecca and I extended an invitation to any of the youth in our ward/stake that wanted to hike the face of the Sandia Mountains as a final exercise to prepare their bodies for the trek. That was one of the hardest hikes I have ever done. I seriously couldn't walk for almost three days. I had a great friend take Braden and Jay for me. I took Sydney and Morgan on the hike. Sydney made it halfway before heading back with a few others. Morgan didn't really want to finish, but we had a good talk about doing hard things and how when we do accomplish those hard things, we feel so good on the inside knowing that we CAN do hard things. I was packing all my camera gear (25 pounds) getting myself ready for trek. It. Was. Hard. I had to stop many times and just take a breather. After about five hours of hiking, we made it to the top. Round trip, it was almost 15 miles and 8 hours of hiking. The views were breath taking. I don't know how you can look out over this amazing world and not know that God has a hand in it. So proud of Morgan! We can do hard things if we just have the right attitude!
This amazing friend really did encourage me along. She does in a lot of areas in my life! Thank you friend!
Spotted this rock dragon cheering us on!!








No comments:
Post a Comment