Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ten Year Anniversary!

Where has the time gone? Today is a very big day for us. We are celebrating TEN years of marriage. It feels just like yesterday that Jon ask and I said yes. In reality alot has happened over that period of time. I worked full time while Jon studied hard to get through school so he could graduate with a Bachelor's and Masters Degree, moved to New Mexico, had three beautiful children, bought a home, given many hours of service to our church, had several pets and alot of other normal day to day stuff. More importantly, I have learned the true meaning of loving someone for better or worse. We have had our share of ups and downs, but the good times have definitely outweighed the bad. I always wondered how you could grow to love someone more now than the day you were married, but it happens. Jon truely is my best friend and companion. Jon is not only a great husband, but a wonderful father. I love you Jon.
Proud to say that ten years and three kids later, the dress still fits!! Happy Anniversary ! I love you.

9 comments:

skyfireblaze said...

Heidi - I love you! I can't imagine my life without you. You truly are a blessing - to me and to our family. Thank you.

PS - I still won't play checkers with you. I'm sure that you still cheat, even after 10 years ... :-)

A4GPA said...

Where has the time gone. Happy Anniversary.... Also, does your husband know you have this "skyfireblaze" guy chasing you and asking you to play checkers?

Hans and Laurel said...

Happy Anniversary!! I even remembered on my own while I was debating on getting up this morning. Time really has gone by. You guys have such a great family. Hope you have a wonderful day! I love the pictures too.

Field Family said...

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how time flies. And even more amazing, like you said, that you are now more in love with him today than when you were married. I get that. I feel the same way about my marriage. All our love to both of you.

~Michelle~ said...

Heidi and Jon,
What an accomplishment! Jon thanks for loving my sister and being so good to her, Heidi thanks for finding and keeping such a great man (Jon you are a "super fly" brother-in-law, if I must say so myself).
I love your little family.
If I were near you I would steal your kids away so you two could have some alone time, not to mention all the gluten you want! But since I'm not, just know that I'm thinking of you and hoping that you all can have a good time anyways.

Jen Kesler said...

Heidi...YOU GO GIRL! Look at you still able to fit in your wedding dress. I told you your waist was itty bitty!!

Jon...LOVED the dancing on the video...I think you should enter the Ward Talent show tomorrow night:) Who knew!?!

Congratulations to both of you! 10 years is huge!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Congrats guys on 10 years! I hope you have a great day together. What are your big plans to celebrate? A long trip without the kiddos? I agree with your sis, you need to go enjoy all the gluten you can handle!

Unknown said...

Day late dollar short, story of my life. WOW! 10 Years, Heidi & Jon that is quite the accomplishment, congratulations! John can't believe you have made it through 10 years of Ward family get together!

Love you both and your cute little family.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to two of the most special people I know! You have blessed the lives of so many people. Give those cute kids a hug for me! Love, Sheri