Thursday, August 7, 2008

In Rememberance

This past week I had the honor of going to Utah to attend my Grandpa's funeral. Everything turned out beautifully. Everyone of his children, grandchildren and almost all of his great grand children were there. We heard stories of what a great man he was. He knew and loved each one of us individually, and that was evident by the memories that were shared. The flowers were absolutely georgeous.
I had the opportunity to stay with my Grandma for two days. She has such a special spirit. I can't imagine losing your companion of 72 years.
I got to take her to get her hair done for the viewing and funeral. A friend of Grandma's that is eighty years old does it out of her home. It was like stepping back in time when I saw the 'hair parlor'. It was the sweetest thing to see these two widows talk and share their stories and memories of their beloved husbands.
Grandpa took great pride in having a clean car. Grandma said I couldn't drive her to get her hair done because the car was too dirty. Her and I have different definitions of dirty I guess! So as a tribute to Grandpa, I washed it for her.

No comments: