My sister Cozy pulled out her creative apron this week and learned how to make a GF Fondant Cake. She is practicing so she can have all the kinks worked out for Braxton's 1st birthday cake. I think she did a great job. If you are wondering why I am posting this with our anniversary celebration, the answer is, we ate this beautiful cake for dessert!!
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Anniversary
Can I start by saying that I had the best date ever yesterday! Jon and I celebrated 12 years together this year. It has flown by! We have had some really great times, some sad times, and some trying times, but you know what? All together it creates some amazing memories. I wanted to do something great to remember this day, but was really struggling to come up with an idea that just hit the spot when I came upon this cool blog called The Dating Divas. I wished I could take credit for this activity but I can't. I changed it up just a little bit. Besides writing down just my memories, I had asked Jon to come up with a list of his own, but did not tell him what we were going to do with them. We each came up with about 35 memories, typed them up, cut them and then I put them in this little jar I had jazzed up. While I was trying to find a small gift bag in my stash, I actually came across this little picnic box I had made Jon muffin's in way back when we were dating...perfect, right? A memory for a memory jar!! For the first part of our date, I ask Jon if I could take pictures of us (using the timer on the camera). It has been two years since our last one taken together. So after about 160 shots, I think we got a winner! Then it was off to dinner. We went to Zio's and asked for a table in the corner so we could be alone as possible in a public place! After we ordered, I asked Jon if he remembered the picnic box. "Umm, no." was his reply. Okay, not a good start to the memory activity! I opened the box and pulled out the jar. For the next hour we took turns reading each others memories. (We had printed our memories out on different colors of paper so we knew who's was who's). We LAUGHED, we CRIED, we had a GREAT time!! I realized that I should be better at keeping a personal journal (besides this blog) that would allow me to draw on memories. It is crazy how much we can forget over time. I found it interesting that Jon and I had listed over half of the same memories. It's interesting in the fact that over 12 years, we have created A LOT of memories and of ALL those memories, we would reflect on the same ones!! Jon did try to pull a quick one on me...one of the memories he wrote down said, "I remember the first time we went fishing together and you caught your first fish..." and I'm thinking to myself, we have never been fishing together. I looked at Jon with a puzzled look on my face and then back at the paper to which I finished reading..."Oh ya, that was only a dream!" Jon is my better half and he supports and encourages me in all I do. He is a great father and provider for our family. This seriously was one of the best nights of my life. Happy Anniversary Jon. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Glad you guys had such a great night! Happy 12 years! Cheers to 12 more! And 12 more after that!! And many more!! Love you both!! You guys go together like peanut butter and jelly!
What a great idea! I'm going to have to steal this for our anniversary this week! We've been struggling to come up with ideas, and this is a fantastic one.
Congratulations!! That is a great idea. Glad you had a great time!!
What an awesome way to celebrate 12 years!
Here's to many many more happy anniversaries!
Love you two.
Post a Comment