Wednesday, August 4, 2010

35 Years Young

Yep, you read it right!  Jon celebrated his 35th birthday today.  I can't really go on  about how old he is because mine is right around the corner and I too will be thirty five....eeeeek.  The kids and I made a bunch of little cards that read, "Happy Birthday Dad.  We love you and think you are great."  After Jon went to bed last night, I placed them where ever he would find them when he got up in the morning...in the bathroom, in his shoes, in his car, in his cereal bowl...etc.  Then I spent the day in the kitchen making one of his favorite meals, Tiny Spicy Chicken and Angel Food Cake.  The girls hung decorations around the house too.  A couple of months ago, I had ordered a 'Celebrate' plate for special occasions.  Jon was the first  person to use it!!
Jon, I hope you had a great and happy birthday.  I'm certainly glad you were born!







5 comments:

skyfireblaze said...

Thanks for the great birthday. You and the kids did an awesome job of making it special. The notes, angel food cake, dinner, ... perfect!

-- And check out those pants Dad was wearing in that picture! What was he thinking? That is one of my favorite pictures there with me, Dad, Grandpa, and Grandpa C.
-- Those Star Wars pajamas are awesome!

Jen Kesler said...

Happy Bday to Jon! I cannot believe how the baby photo looks just like Braden, but the other one on the right looks so much like Sydney!

~Michelle~ said...

Happy Birthday Jon,
Sorry about the late night phone call, but I figured better late than never right?
Heidi Jon's birthday dinner looked so good I'm sitting here drooling.
The plate made it all just perfect!

Nyra said...

Wow, I can see Braden in the two middle pictures.I think we know where that personality comes from.......swords and all!! Glad you had a great Birthday Jon..

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday Big Bro! I sure loved looking at the pictures. I had a good laugh looking at the one with Dad in it too. I'm with you on the pants. I love the idea of all the notes. Also the dinner was a great choice!! Now I'll be wanting to make it sometime. It is the best. Glad that it was a good day!