Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Festivities

Phewww...we made, I made it!! Halloween is over!!  I feel like we have been celebrating all month.  We had our Ward trunk-or-treat a week ago, the kids had their storybook parade at school on Friday, and because Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, I told the kids we would not be trick-or-treating.  So in an effort to make them feel like they got to go trick-or-treating, I braved and battled the MASSIVE crowd at the zoo for their annual Zoo Boo.  It was fun for a first time, let's see what they have to offer kind of activity, but I will NEVER do it again!!   Not a single mom with four kids activity!!  Morgan has been reading the Ramona books by Beverly Clearly like they are candy, so that is the character she chose to be for her school parade.  Sydney loves the Magic Fairy books, so that is what she chose.  Jaycee, well she is just to cute to not put a picture of her in her ladybug costume...again!  I guess I get a mommy demerit because I did not get a  picture of just Braden in his costume this year.




This is how I felt about the Zoo Boo as well...

Thank goodness for good friends that wanted to help make Halloween fun by keeping up the tradition of carving pumpkins.  If it was left up to me, it wouldn't have gotten done! 


2 comments:

The Three Vree's said...

Beautiful children! I love them! Looks like they had fun carving pumpkins!

Stef said...

I'm with you. Last year we accidentally (cough cough) forgot to and my kids were upset. I could do without the carving. Now I am just waiting for the candy to accidentally (cough cough) find its way out of my house.