Monday, January 31, 2011

14 Months

A little update on my growing baby...Jaycee is now 14 months old and really starting to look like a little toddler.  How does that happen over night?  She has been cutting all FOUR top teeth over the past few weeks and they have almost made their debut!  Everyday she makes a little more progress at strengthening her leg muscles.  She has almost mastered pulling herself up to things.  She will reach out for my fingers and let me help her walk. She still has very little sense of balance, but that will come in time.  Jaycee LOVES her daddy.  I have never seen any of our kids get as excited as she does when she sees him!  She even knows how to sign daddy.  She also learned to sign doggy and that seems to be the sign she uses to communicate everything!  Jaycee has started babbling a little more.  All day yesterday she said mama mama mama....not specific to me, just babbling!  Her hair is getting long enough that I need to pull it back to keep it out of her face.  Speaking of hair, her dear sweet brother decided to give her a little trim across the back of her hair...it could have been worse, but I was still not happy he snipped some of her curls off!  Jaycee got her first ice cream cone for family home evening tonight.  She was pretty excited.  Finally took a little video of her walking along the couch.  So proud of her and the progress she has been making.  Love you Jaycee!!


 

3 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Those pictures of her eating ice cream are so cute, they make me want to get in my car and drive 11 hours just so I can kiss her darling face.
Good job on walking "J"!

Stef said...

Oh, the cutting of teeth. Something I will not miss. She is a doll! Walking? Wasn't she just born??

The Three Vree's said...

2 words.. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I can't get over her!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! She is lucky to have a mom like you! And you are pretty lucky to have someone like her!! Love her!