We lost a very special family member today. Right now our hearts are aching and hurting, but we have to have faith that this is part of our Heavenly Father's plan. So today I want to celebrate the life of an amazing man. My Grandpa. He was 93 years old, but you would have never known that. He had an unbelievable memory. He could recall any life story. If I have the chance to live that long, I hope my mind will be as sharp as his. What a blessing to pass away in the comfort of your own home and with your family and sweetheart by your side.
I am thankful for all of his great advice he gave me. He taught me that you have to work hard for things in life, the importance of saving money, the value of a dollar, stay out of debt and take care of the things you have.
Grandpa wasn’t afraid to say exactly what he was thinking. He was a very honest and hard working man. Grandpa took great pride in his yard. It showed by the neatly trimmed trees, bushes, beautiful flowers and well groomed lawn.
Grandpa was a great example of the importance of physical exercise. I can remember many occasions coming over to his home and seeing him jump on his little trampoline.
Grandpa’s love for sports was undeniable. If there was a game on, grandpa would be watching! As long as I can remember, bowling was grandpa’s favorite thing to do. When he worked at Regal Lanes, all of the grandkids would get together and go bowling.
Just this month, my grandparents celebrated 72 years of marriage. That is not something you see everyday. What an example of love and dedication.
I will always cherish the time we have had with you. I am so grateful that my kids had the opportunity to know you. Grandpa, you will be greatly missed. Know that you are loved and we look forward to the day when we will meet again. Tell Aunt Jackee, Aunt Gladys and Uncle Clay hello for us.
I am thankful for all of his great advice he gave me. He taught me that you have to work hard for things in life, the importance of saving money, the value of a dollar, stay out of debt and take care of the things you have.
Grandpa wasn’t afraid to say exactly what he was thinking. He was a very honest and hard working man. Grandpa took great pride in his yard. It showed by the neatly trimmed trees, bushes, beautiful flowers and well groomed lawn.
Grandpa was a great example of the importance of physical exercise. I can remember many occasions coming over to his home and seeing him jump on his little trampoline.
Grandpa’s love for sports was undeniable. If there was a game on, grandpa would be watching! As long as I can remember, bowling was grandpa’s favorite thing to do. When he worked at Regal Lanes, all of the grandkids would get together and go bowling.
Just this month, my grandparents celebrated 72 years of marriage. That is not something you see everyday. What an example of love and dedication.
I will always cherish the time we have had with you. I am so grateful that my kids had the opportunity to know you. Grandpa, you will be greatly missed. Know that you are loved and we look forward to the day when we will meet again. Tell Aunt Jackee, Aunt Gladys and Uncle Clay hello for us.
A favorite among my kids was the magnifying glass. It was always the first thing the girls would find when we went to visit. Grandpa has had that for as long as I can remember.
6 comments:
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Your life will forever be shaped by those you love. I hope you get to go up for the funeral.
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing. Does this mean you are taking a trip to Utah?
Heidi, I loved what you shared! It was hard to see grandpa and hear his voice in that movie and know that for the rest of our earthly lives, he won't be there. I'm very glad you posted the things you did. It was beautiful and heartfelt.
I think we should all celebrate Grandpa's life and go bowling together!
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I will pray for you and your family.
We miss you guys. You have such a good looking family. Your kids are so cute.
I would love your address when ever you have the time. megmortensen@gmail.com
Heidi,
I'm even more touched that you remembered my birthday when you were on your way to your grandpa's funeral. You wrote a beautiful tribute to your Grandpa. I am sorry for your loss. Love you.
Post a Comment